The Education Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all educational programs presented on site at the Lincoln Community Center.
The Education Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Essential Functions/Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
1. Assure that the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all educational programs presented on site are aligned with the requirements of program participants and in consideration of the LCC’s mission.
2. Develop, prepare, organize and evaluate curriculum for all on-site LCC educational programs ensuring appropriate standards and mission are met.
3. Teach (or schedule others to teach) all on site educational programs as well as all on site teacher training/professional development.
4. Recommend to Executive Director the hiring and dismissal of all on site teaching staff. Facilitate training of new staff on all on site education programs.
5. Supervise Staff to ensure that all curriculum is taught according to the requirements of program participants and in consideration of the LCC’s mission.
6. Provide performance reviews of teaching staff, both oral and written of overall job performance.
Independently perform teaching observations as appropriate.
7. Carry out and assist staff in developing appropriate student behavior through positive reinforcement strategies and techniques.
8. Provide educational staff with annual training to review updates and changes in education programs.
9. Coordinate with Youth Development Coordinator to develop and distribute surveys and evaluations for review of programs.
10. Identify and analyze competition in terms of pricing, services, and industry trends, and report findings to the Executive Director.
11. Assist in the development of monthly and annual reports.
12. Act as After-School Program Director.
13. Provide Enrichment and Teacher Training before each session.
14. Assist administration in the promotion of LCC’s school programs and enrichment/community programs through phone calls, postal mail, email, etc.
15. Assist the Youth Development Coordinator in pursuing grants related to on site educational programs.
16. Provide supervision of students at all times during the duration of classes and programs, extending to the release of students to guardians. Maintain the highest possible degree of safety.
17. Collect and review staff time cards before providing them to the Operations Manager.
18. Maintaining positive communication with program participants, their teachers/parents/guardians, as well as all visitors to the center.
19. Provide recommendations for and follow program budget. Arrange necessary purchases through the Operations Manager within budgetary limitations.
20. Responsible for notifying the Operations Manager of any safety hazards
21. Mandatory attendance at special events (i.e. Back-to-School Bash, etc.)
22. Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate flexibility.
2. Ability to memorize and recall facts, figures, and information.
3. Ability to move up to fifty pounds and set up equipment.
4. Ability to make independent decisions and respond to immediate needs of students, emergency situations, and program needs.
5. Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is essential because of limited resources, costs, productivity and quality continuity.
6. Ability to interact successfully with supervisors, teachers, parents and students.
7. Fingerprinting for a background check will be required.
8. Computer experience required
1. Communicate effectively in the English language, in both oral and written forms.
2. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions in an independent manner.
3. Understand and apply pertinent personnel policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
1. Teaching credential, or Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with major course work in education or related field is preferred.
2. At least three years of experience working in a leadership position at an educational institution. Experience as an interpreter, naturalist or equivalent also preferred. Background strong in thematic, hands-on programs.
3. Demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students of varied age groups, including adults in small as well as large group activities.
4. Current CPR and First Aid Certificates are required within two months of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour (Dependent on qualifications of applicant)
- 4 hour shift
- After school
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
TO APPLY: Please email a current cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com with the subject “Educational Coordinator Application”.